Tuesday, April 12, 2011

In Memory: Not Why Me, But What Now....

Today's blog is a memorial to a friend who lost his life on Saturday to cancer.  He had been fighting it since last fall.  His journey has been amazing.  He was only 55 years old and I have known him the whole 55 years.  His sister and I were best friends in high school, college and now, so I watching him grow up was a real joy.

He, his wife and two grown children have experienced things that I have no idea about.  Through it all, their faith has grown.  They have been examples to what it means to have a relationship with the Lord.  Through it all, they have experienced the stages of grief, but never once turned their back on God.  Instead, they called out to Him and He was by their side the whole time. 

His wife kept a blog throughout the journey and that blog allowed the rest of us to be part of their journey.  She showed us the struggles, the growth they went through and the last days of grief.  By reading her blog, we all felt we were right there in the room with them.  Take a peek and read what you can, if you want to see what it means to be a part of the family of God.  http://www.notwhymebutwhatnow.blogspot.com/

I am going to add to this blog some of the things that have been posted by her over the  months.  Randy and Susan, we love you and are so proud of the way you have used your life to glorify the God you serve.  Our prayers are with you in these troubled days.

The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil.  Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death.  Isaiah 57: 1 & 2
God has a way of orchestrating the various races we run during the course of our lives.  He trusts us to do our part in "manning the rigs."  We must trust Him to determine the result of the race.  As one engineer has said, "God provides the initial input.  We provide the output. And God provides the outcome."
Pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank him for his answers.  If you do this you will experience God's peace...His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest.  Philippians 4:6,7
Drinking From My Saucer
I've never made a fortune and it's probably too late now, 
But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy anyhow
And as I go along life's way, I'm reaping better than I sowed. 
I'm drinking from my saucer, Cause my cup has overflowed.
Haven't got a lot of riches, and sometimes the going's tough.
But I've got loving ones around me, and that makes me rich enough.
I think God for His blessings, and the mercies He's bestowed...
Oh, remember times when things went wrong, My faith wore somewhat thin?
But all at once the dark clouds broke, and the sun peeped through again...
If God gives me strength and courage, When the way grows steep and rough,
I'll not ask for other blessings, I'm already blessed enough!
And may I never be too busy to help others bear their loads...
Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer, Cause my cup has overflowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment