Monday, April 18, 2011

What Genre Are You Reading?




Beside my bed I have always had a stack of books.  They are books that I am currently reading, books that I plan to read, and books that I want to just look over in case I decide to read them.  Many people think that you can only read one book at a time.  But that's not me!  I could be reading all kinds of books at the same time and switch back and forth between them with ease. 

Let's think of it this way: Do you only watch one program at night and then turn off the t.v.?  What if that program is a "to be continued" show?  Do you not watch another show until that one is completely finished? What about the people who channel surf?  Or the people who watch a baseball game and golf game and a car race all at the same time, surfing from one to the other? 

That's me.  I'm a book surfer.  I like to read various genres at the same time.  Right now I am reading two and just finished another one.  Our book club is reading: Little Bee by Chris Cleave.  That is fiction.  I was a little shocked at the ending by the way! A fellow district coach recommended: Work Hard, Be Nice by Jay Matthews.  That is nonfiction. I wasn't sure if I would like it, but I can't stop reading it! The last book I am reading is one that just looked interesting and a friend said they read it and enjoyed it.  I needed a book to just enjoy and not have to think too hard, so I am also reading: The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly.  That is fiction, too.  (My friend was right.  I am really enjoying it a lot!)

So, don't be afraid to read more than one book at a time.  Don't be afraid to read more than one genre at a time.  Just don't be afraid to read and read and read!!!
HAPPY READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment