Sunday, February 13, 2011

HOW TO CHOOSE A BOOK By Graham

As you know, my grandma loves books.  She is always bringing me new ones to try.  After six months of getting these books, I had to learn how to pick a Just Right Book....that's what Grammy calls them!  Here is how I do it:

First I look over all my choices. I'm really into bright colors, so that is what I look for first!

It's always good to get others' opinions. Ask them what they like.  Ask them if they've read any of these. Ask them to give you suggestions! Grammy always has good suggestions!
Sometimes, it just comes down to what feels good to you!  I also like the Five Finger Rule.  Since I can't read ANY words, I just see if ALL my fingers fit around it! (The mouth is a good way to test it, too!)

You might want to try it from all angles.  I love getting my mouth around a good book.

When you have finally picked the right book, you just know it.  You can spend hours devouring a good book.  "Hey, Grammy, are we ready to read now?"

1 comment:

  1. He's such a darling boy and a lucky boy, too, to have you for a grandma. What a fun thing to document in words and pictures!
    Allyson

    ReplyDelete