Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Gift of Books for Grandkids!

Being a teacher and literacy coach for many years, I just HAVE to get the grandkids at least one book for Christmas!  They all know that is one thing they will get from me.  This year Lane told his mom, "I know Grandma gets me a book, so I want to put on my list the one I really want."  How great to know that they realize how important I feel reading is for them!

Here is a list of some of the books I have bought for them:

For the new babies:
  • I Loved You Before You Were Born by Anne Bowen
  • On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman
  • I Can't Wait to Meet My Daddy by Kathleen Blease
For the younger ones:
  • Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
  • Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Bill Martin Jr.
  • Moo Baa La La La by Sandra Boynton
For the little older ones:
  • Mr. Mosquito Put on His Tuxedo by Barbara O. Morrow
  • Ivy & Bean Break the Fossil Record by Annie Barrows
For the older ones:
  • The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid) by Jeff Kinney
  • Brian's Return by Gary Paulsen
  • The Fairy Tale Detective (Sister's Grimm Series) by MIchael Buckley
  • The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride Series) by James Patterson
  • 39 Clues (series) by various authors
Great authors:
  • Gordon Korman
  • Margaret Peterson Haddix
I encourage all you grandparents out there to introduce your grandchildren to the love of books.  Buy them for them and then READ TO THEM...no matter how old they are! (Sorry, Ty!)

No comments:

Post a Comment