Friday, January 14, 2011

Poetry Friday--Grandma's Place

This poem was written about my grandparent's farm by my oldest cousin.  Perfect for my 'Voice of a Grandma' blog!  Enjoy!  (Thanks, Gene!)

Grandma's Place

I remember the first visit there,
Excited as a child could be.
Fresh cut clover was in the air,
And new adventures and places to see.
Each morning I would awake,
Hearing the sound of birds as they sing,
And smell the fresh air like a spring fed lake.
Everything was so crisp and each sound like a bell would ring.
The days moved quickly, each and every one,
Savoring each and every moment,
Remembering the good times and all the fun.
Those days I spent each summer, the days so warm,
Will be remembered for a life time, and then some.
Oh how I looked forward to the time on the farm,
For it was grandma's place that all this was done.
What memories I have of the days gone by,
Of all those summers I spent there under the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy,
    I absolutely LOVE this blog! It will be wonderful to be able to watch your grandchildren grow up and see things through your eyes...as a grandma. I look forward to reading about your babes.
    Alecia

    ReplyDelete