Friday, January 7, 2011

Grandma Memories


When I was in middle school, Kris, my sister, and I would stay with Grandma while our mom worked.  My older cousin, Dale, also stayed there.  One summer I had poison ivy and Dale had athlete's foot so we had to stay inside all day, every day.

We spent those days simply watching TV.  Grandma loved to watch "the soaps"...Guiding Light, Days of Our Lives...one after the other!  We hated them.  On this particular day, Grandma was baking during commercials.  She would leave the room to check on the cake.

While she was in the kitchen, Dale had the idea to switch channels.  It was a commercial after all.  When she came back into the room, she settled into the recliner and watched the end of the commercial.

The commercial got over and a show began.  A game show.  we all watched and laughed and enjoyed the show until....

"This isn't my show!  What happened to my show?"  Grandma became agitated.  "They can't switch shows on me!  I'll call the TV station!"

We had to settle her down and explain what we had done.  We never changed channels on her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment